Getting to Know Steven DeAngelis

Hi everyone! My name is Steven DeAngelis and I am a senior studying Telecommunications. I currently live in State College, but I am originally from Farmingdale, New York on Long Island. After graduation I hope to work for a company in New York City called Situation Interactive as a Media Strategy intern. I currently have no idea what career I want to pursue, but I hope to get my foot in the door at a media company and see where life takes me. I am interested in this course because I have never taken a geography course in college, so I hope to learn something new. When I’m not working on my studies I love to play and watch sports, specifically baseball (Let’s Go Mets!). I also am currently working on a TV show here at Penn State for PSNtv where I am a writer and producer.

While reading the information in the first module the issue of interactions between humans and the world stuck out to me. We all know about global warming, but we are not sure how this affects the world we live in and the future of the world. I think that studying the Environment and Society Geography section of this course coupled with the Human Geography section will provide a lot more insight into the topic. Having grown up just 30 minutes outside the greatest city in the world (Sorry, Philly residents), I have always been fascinated by the sheer amount of people that live and work in New York City and studying how these societies popped up around the world is very intriguing.

One thought on “Getting to Know Steven DeAngelis

1. A lot of good things come from big cities like sports and businesses, but also a lot of bad things can come from cities like pollution not only in the streets but also in the air. It’s important for us to understand that we must minimize our waste going into the atmosphere so pollution will decrease. Doing this will also help out global warming which will have a far greater impact. I agree that we need to think about the future of the world. http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/20/getting-to-know-you-15/