Climate Change – Michael Celoni

Untitled document

My diagram is very simple and it shows how our burning of fossil fuels has lead to change in how we produce pollution. I started the diagram with fossil fuels considering it is the core of everything that has happened. They are very useful considering the amount of energy that can be produced from them but they also create a lot of pollution that hurts our atmosphere. That burning is the main cause of global warming along with other gases such as CFCs. Global warming is causing the Earth to heat up which is then leading to climate change around the world. Climate change has been written about and noticed for awhile but only massive changes have been made recently worldwide. One of these proposed changes was the Copenhagen Accord. It was created to help to environment but it failed initially because it was made to help solve a lot of the United States’ problems. It was also shut down do to many smaller countries feeling that the Accord wasn’t helping them, only larger countries. The United States eventually bribed the smaller countries into agreeing with the act so that as many countries as possible would sign it. As of today, 140 countries have signed the act and it has been successful.

I think that it’s important that the United States cables were made public. It’s embarrassing for the country’s reputation that we were caught attempting to spy but I think it’s important that the world knows when things like this happens. I don’t think that the United States should have done the things that they did but in the long run it is beneficial for a lot of countries to sign an act like this for the good of the world.  I think that countries should be able to do what they want to do in terms of how they run their country but at the same time I think that everyone should be forced to comply with things that will benefit the entire earth. As long as everyone contributes a proportional amount of course. One of the negative results of this sneaky behavior is losing trust between other countries which could prove to be problematic in the future. What should have been done is propose a proposition where every country tries to contribute as much as they can to protecting the environment. Have the larger more developed countries put more effort into being more environmentally friendly since they have the resources and give the smaller countries more slack so that they can become more developed.

2 thoughts on “Climate Change – Michael Celoni

1. Hey Michael, I’m Ian read my post here: https://wp.me/p3RCAy-egN. I enjoyed your post because it opposes my views on the cables being released. Everyone should know by now that things like this are normal in politics. These things happen and odds are they will never change. I also do not believe that it hurts our reputation to the rest of the world either. When it comes down to it, there are much bigger issues and much larger negotiations and “investigations” I will say going on than that of spying that was done in order to get more countries in favor of the Copenhagen Accord. It is very naïve to believe that things like this do not happen.

2. Hi Michael here is a link to my blog post https://wp.me/p3RCAy-eg9. I like how easy to follow your diagram is and how it still nicely explains the situation. I noticed you included the burning of fossil fuels and how it leads to climate change which is something I should have put in mine. I disagree with your opinions about the cables being released but I think your side of the argument is interesting and understandable. Also your first paragraph did a good job of explaining the diagram.