David Youn Module 10

1. Create a system diagram that relates at least one threat to the society
  2. In 200-350 words describe the system diagram.Untitled document

Overharvesting is a serious issue that has been occurring in the past and current. There are 3 main concepts that could lead from overharvesting. One of them is the increase in endangered species. By overharvesting animals for our benefits such as for food and clothing is one of the fastest ways to put species in extinction. One great example of animals that are in danger of extinction is red tuna. Especially in Japan and Korea, many people enjoy eating tuna that could potentially put these tuna into danger. By creating international laws or regulations on harvesting limited amount of red tuna may help this cause. Furthermore, deforestation is part of overharvesting. Wood is one of the popular materials to create furniture. One of the methods that we get oxygen in the environment is by trees. As most people know that without oxygen it is very difficult for non-sea animals to live on earth. Not only deforestation is critical to oxygen resource but also as food resources. For instance, cutting down apple trees will eventually cause them to go extinct. Lastly, this all sums up to one idea. That is sustainability. Both endangerment of animals and deforestation of trees lead to a decrease in sustainability. By running out of food resources it would be difficult to harvest food or have a method to eat food.

2 thoughts on “David Youn Module 10

1. Hi David, my name is Mara and I am a Sophomore at Penn State UP! I really liked your diagram because it was easy to follow and it flowed really nicely. I also enjoyed reading about the topic of overharvesting and how it leaves such an impact on biodiversity. It was also great to read your connection of the extinction of tuna to Japan and Korea. Great post! If you want to check out my post, here is a link to my blog: http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/04/15/module-10-biodiversity-13/