Module 1- Getting to know Caitlyn Ramirez

Hi everyone! My name is Caitlyn Ramirez and I’m a sophomore here at Penn State UP. I currently live off campus in State College, but am originally from King of Prussia, PA. I am studying education and plan to teach elementary school. My interest in this course comes from talks that I’ve had with my roommates about how our world is changing so fast. I think it will be very interesting to find out about the world and why those things happen. Something I usually tell people about myself is that I don’t like pizza, which I guess is abnormal. I also currently work at a daycare a couple of blocks away from my apartment and it is by far the best job I have ever had!

The issue that I am most excited to learn about and that I also have a big interest in is human-environment interaction. It is really important for people to understand that they have a very large impact on the environment. Our world is becoming very overpopulated and that causes the environment to change quickly. Ethics has a great deal to do with what is happening also, because people do not prioritize the environment over their own needs, which kills the environment.

2 thoughts on “Module 1- Getting to know Caitlyn Ramirez

1. hello Caitlyn
    I am also a sophomore at University Park. I’m studying environmental systems engineering. I think its important that you are taking this class as an education major, especially if you’re focus in in elementary education, because you will be responsible for shaping the young minds of the future. With your better understanding of the human-environment relationship we have, the better you’ll be able to teach the future leaders and scientists the important of this awareness.

Justin Sutter