Module 1: Getting to Know You

Hello GEOG30 my name is Mary, but everyone calls me Katie. I’m a sophomore here at Penn State and am majoring in Early Childhood education with a minor in special education in hopes of becoming a first, second, or third grade teacher. I hope to move south after I graduate and teach in either Alabama or South Carolina. However, I currently live in Huntingdon and commute to the University Park campus. I was born and raised in Huntingdon which is a small town not far from State college. I am taking this course to satisfy a general education requirement for my major.

I think global climate change is an important topic to study in geography. Not only does it affect areas like the north pole, it has effects on a global scale. Research being done now could help save the planet we call home. If everybody found ways to reduce their carbon footprint it would make a huge difference in the future. I find this topic very interesting and am excited to learn more  about it this semester.

One thought on “Module 1: Getting to Know You

1. Hi Katie!
    My name is Sarah, and here is a link to my blog:
    http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/19/module-1-getting-to-know-you-10/
    I am a sophomore and an Elementary Education major as well; I wonder if we have any classes together! I actually know of another girl named “Mary Katherine” who goes by Katie, just like you, but I don’t think you’re the same person.
    I also think that global change is an important topic to study. Humans really do have a huge impact on the earth that we do not always realize. The slightest change makes the biggest difference!
    Great post, and good luck this semester!
    Sarah