Getting to Know Michael Celoni

Hey everyone! My name is Michael Celoni and I am a junior at Penn State’s main campus studying Environmental Systems Engineering. I’m from Blue Bell, Pa which is a small town about 30 minutes outside of Philly. Ideally I’d like to do something engineering related for a career (hence the major) but I’m keeping my mind open for all options. I want to be an environmental and civil engineer and do work for clients related to that because that’s what my dad does. I’d love to work on designing energy efficient buildings. I’m interested in the course because I don’t know a whole lot about geography and I think a class like this is absolutely necessary if I want to follow my major. When I’m not doing school work I’m either on Spotify or Netflix all the time. I also love playing video games (Xbox One if anyone is wondering).

The key word that stood out to me in the first module was sustainability. I believe it’s important for the whole human race to keep the idea of sustainability in their heads as we progress into the 21st century and beyond. With global warming becoming more of an issue and pollution increasing, it is vital that we learn to take care of our planet. We only get one Earth to live on (as far as we know) and it could potentially be completely ruined by the time I have grandkids. There’s a Greek proverb that goes, “Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in,” and I believe that’s the kind of mindset we need to have when working towards saving our planet.

4 thoughts on “Getting to Know Michael Celoni

1. Hi Michael! My name is Peter. I am also studying engineering here at Penn State. I found it very interesting that you want to want to design energy efficient buildings as I too want to work towards a more energy efficient society. Also, global warming is a very important issue that is becoming worse. I am looking forward to working with you in this class.

Here is my blog:
    http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/20/getting-to-know-peter-han/

2. Hi Michael!My name is Aaliyah here is the link to my blog: https://wp.me/p3RCAy-aXy . It is interesting that you are from blue bell. I am actually participating in a co-op in Fort Washington which is pretty close to blue bell.bell. That is a really awesome quote. I also believe it is important that we are always remembering the importance of sustainability. I also think it it is very important that we continue to research ways to improve our sustainability efforts.

3. Hey Michael nice to meet you. I am a chemistry major at Penn State but I am going to purse in biomedical engineering. Putting that aside, I totally agree with you that the earth has been depleting its resources in the recent hears. I am heavily interested in researches that can help the humanity with more sustainable and reliable source of energy. I hope that in the near future, this will actually come true!