Getting to Know You

HI everyone my name is Benjamin Bishop and I am a freshman at Penn State UP. I’m from Doylestown Pennsylvania, which is about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. I am currently studying biomedical engineering and would like to continue that through the pre-med track. After receiving my undergraduate degree I would like to go onto dental school to become an orthodontist. My interest in this class sparks primarily from my lack of knowledge on the course content that we will go over. I hope to learn a lot throughout the course as I get to know some of you as well!

One of my main concerns with our planet today is climate change. Climate change is simply the direst result of us humans actions taken on our world. As module one said in the section titled Scale, climate change is an issue that takes place on a global scale. Therefore it must be a global attempt to fix this issue before it is too late. To fix this issue that covers a vast number of smaller issues I believe that we must first attack the smaller issues at hand such as pollution and then to get even smaller, car emissions. I believe that we must fix these issues before it gets to late. Who’s with me?

2 thoughts on “Getting to Know You

1. http://sites.psu.edu/geog30/2016/01/20/getting-to-kno…shelby-epstein/

Hi Ben, my name is Shelby Epstein. I am actually from Chalfont PA, which is not even 20 minutes away! I also agree that our activity as humans has caused climate change in our world. I think your ideas of attacking pollution and car emissions is a great way to hinder climate change, however, it will be hard to do that with the amount of driving people do. We definitiely need to fix these issues fast before its too late!! I’m with ya!!!!

2. Hello Benjamin, my name is Adam Abbott and I am a senior majoring in IST. I currently work for a company to sells software to biomedical companies so I have an interest in that area as well. I agree that climate change is an issue that needs to be addressed globally. There is no possible way that the world will be a better place for the next generations if the entire world doesn’t make an effort to slow negative climate change and encourage every person to help fight pollution. I’m with you!

I hope you look at my post as well: http://sites.psu.edu/geog30/2016/01/18/module-1-getting-to-know-you/