Getting to Know You- Mara Bunting

Hello everyone. My name is Mara Bunting and I am a sophomore at University Park, State College. I’m majoring in Early Childhood Education with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies. As an Education major I hope to use my degree to become a Kindergarten or First grade teacher or a Guidance Counselor. I live on campus at University Park but I grew up in Wyckoff, New Jersey, about a half hour outside of New York City. This class is a requirement for my major but; by taking this class I hope to gain more knowledge about the subject of geography. A fun fact about myself is that I love traveling and have been to places such as Italy, Greece, Turkey and a few of the Caribbean Islands.

Throughout my time in school, science related subjects have not been my favorite. But, when reading the first module, the topic that interested me the most was about human and environment interactions. One topic I am eager to learn more about is global warming and climate change. The concept of sustainability is very important because, we need to come up with positive actions that can better influence our environment. I am interested in what the world as a whole can do to help and improve the environment and hopefully understand what causes the changes. I am excited to learn more about the subject of geography and hopefully get to know you all in the weeks to come. Good luck to you all.

Best, Mara Bunting

One thought on “Getting to Know You- Mara Bunting

1. Hi Mara!

I think it’s great that you want to be a grade school teacher. I interned at a family place library for 2 years, and ran programs for children ages 1-16. I loved every minute I spent with them, and I wish you the best with your future classes! I know you’ll love it. Anyway, I’m glad you chose to talk about sustainability. I believe it is the most important subject for our generation, and that making a sustainable planet is within reach. I would love to see a completely sustainable planet within my lifetime, but I think being a part of the generation who lays the ground work is just as important.

Regards,
    Sebastian

P.S. here is a link to my blog intro; https://wp.me/p3RCAy-aWh