Learning Activity 1

My name is Brian Barnhart, and I currently live at The Retreat at State College; about a mile from campus. I lived downtown at Campus Towers for two years prior to this year. I grew up in South River, NJ until the second grade, when I moved to Little Silver NJ. This is
a small town in Monmouth County, about 5 miles from the beach. Because of my proximity to the ocean, I like to fish quite often and just visit the beach in general. I go boating a lot in the summer as well. I’m interested in a job within the IT field, with a focus on data security. I hope to learn the historical origins of different cultural regions, specifically in the Middle East and Asia.

One issue I find myself interested in is climate change and its continued impact on Earth. There is a portion of the population that does not believe climate change due to human factors exists, or has any impact on the Earth. I think we should focus on showing more visual impacts to others, and begin to invest more money in reversing or at least maintain the current climate. This would include spreading more ways to increase sustainability in order to influence the governance people have on the environment.

One thought on “Learning Activity 1