Biogas in India

First, I’d like to apologize the formatting of my image I have for my diagram. I am using my ipad and the google docs appwas notcooperating with me, and I just couldn’t get it to save as a jpeg, so I had to do te next best thing.

My diagram illustrates all of the causes from a wood burning stove to a biogas stove and how they affect both the social system and the ecosystem. If you follow the directions of the arrows on my diagram, you can see how one thing leads to another. Although I got all of my information from the five mnute video about biogas in India, I got the concept from figure 2.2- Human Environment System Diagram. I felt that this video was a great example of how both humans and the environment impact one another. Another part of this module that came to mind while watching the video and working on my digram was figure 2.4- Parents and Children System digram. This video shows in India, even though over populated, continue to keep re populating because in most rural areas the children do a lot of the work for the family.

Marten’s diagram and mine are both very similar as they are different I believe. At first glance, I think the similarities stand out due to the clear distinction between the Social System and the Ecosystem on both of our digrams. Once taking a closer observation of the two, it is clear that Marten’s is  bit more complex where everything sort of intertwines one another. Where mine on the otherhand, is a bit more simple. It shows how one thing leads to another. The information portrayed on the two are different due to the difference of topics. Taking one look at my diagram, one might think it is completely different from that of Marten’s, but I feel differently. Following the arrows, you will see that the social systems provides services to the ecosystem and vice versa.

image

6 thoughts on “Biogas in India

• Hello, thank you so much for your feedback. To answer your question, no, I didn’t google the diagram. Initially, I had something totally different, however the google docs application on my iPad was acting up so I switched to word, and just started messing around with all of the features, and decided to try a different approach. Unfortunately, the link to your diagram isn’t working for me. It redirects me to a page that says I don’t have permission to edit. Thanks again!

1. Hey Shoheb,

I really liked how your diagram was spaced out. It made it a lot easier to read and follow the lines. Like Hannah said, the way that you put social and ecosystem elements together showed me how the systems feed/can really affect one another. Your diagram really explains the concepts well and has them together in an interesting way. I also liked how you showed the wood burning affecting the population and the problems that it causes. Great job!

J.R.
    http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/28/module-2-jason-brown/

• Hi, thank you so much on your feedback. I had the chance to review your diagram, and I must say you did a great job. I really liked how you showed the causes of regular wood burning stoves and then the solution which is the biogas method. Great work on connecting all of the elements together.

2. Hey Shoheb,

One thing that really stuck out about your diagram is the fact that you blended together the Social System elements and the Ecosystem elements in one “cloud.” I think this is a great approach because it truly emphasizes how so many facets of each system merge together. While Marten’s diagram is perhaps more complex in the amount of intertwined elements, I think you still get the same effect with your diagram.

Hannah

http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/27/hannah-levine-3/

• Hi Hannah, thank you for the positive feedback. It did take me a while to finally get the ball rolling as I was not sure of what to put together at all initially. After reviewing your diagram, I really appreciated the clarity of it. There was no confusion at all, and you explained every relationship perfectly with the use of arrows. Great work!