Module 2 – Gilberto Aponte-Prats

The diagram here shows some of the interconnectedness that the biogas generator created within the societal system and the ecosystem. It can influence it in quite a lot of different varied ways. It really has become an essential aspect to many rural Indian communities, as it has helped their economy, health, and ecosystem thrive in conjunction. The use of a fast producing natural resource using cows which are very readily available. This has provided them a means to avoid cooking with wood, giving citizens better health and the ecosystem a cleaner air and less deforestation. Through compost it has created jobs and also helped the crops flourish much more than before.

Comparing this to the Figure 1.5 it is the same in that it generally divides into two categories of things affected and how one can have an influence over the other. I find it to be different in that mine has several “bridges” in how the technology has developed certain things that are both helpful for the society and the ecosystem. I feel that it is hard to really separate it having similarities, considering they both cover roughly the same topics, now I think the differences are present to show how several parts of it string from common sources, while the figure in the reading was fairly direct.

2 thoughts on “Module 2 – Gilberto Aponte-Prats

1. Hi my name is Ryan Daley. I liked your entry and diagram. It interested me that you showed the interaction between the wood cooking methods and villager healt. I went in the direction of showing how the women interact with the ecosystem to maintain a sustainable way of life. I think the biogas generators are great and full of mostly positives. and I like how you briefly mentioned the biogas generators are providing a means of income for the village through creating jobs.
    http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/27/module-2-ryan-daley/