Annaliese Long – Module 2

biogas_axl5451

The core idea that I tried to incorporate into my diagram is the idea of sustainability. This is the main idea in my system diagram because with all of the factors that result from the use of the biogas plant, hopefully, the impacts on both humans and the environment are not as severe as before. With less severe impacts on each other, the environment becomes more sustainable for humans. The biogas plant has so many advantages with just a better standard of living for humans. When it is burned in the kitchen, it results in a cleaner kitchen and safer cooking. Also, before children and their mothers would have to go out looking for wood, and this would negatively interfere with the children’s lives. It would also be difficult to find good wood sometimes. Not only will the biogas plant be better for humans, but also the environment. The waste that it creates is safe and even beneficial to the environment, so this is another advantage that I included on my diagram. The two diagrams are the same in the way that they both include social and environmental aspects. The two diagrams are different in the way that his diagram includes way more concepts and arrows than mine does. There are similarities and differences because each person interprets information differently and people all have their own perspective on ideas. What can be learned is that system diagrams can be really detailed like the one in the reading, or they can be very simple like mine.

3 thoughts on “Annaliese Long – Module 2

1. Hi Annaliese, my name is Avi and I am a student here at University Park. I liked your diagram because it took a unique approach. It was simplistic and effective in showing how the biogas system directly impacts several parts of their society. For my diagram, I took a more complex approach but it is perhaps harder to understand and less useful. Perhaps one thing I could suggest adding is an additional part of the diagram showing the impacts using a wood burning stove, and it would compare nicely to yours to show the improvement between the two.

2. Hi Annaliese, I’m Micaelie. Our diagrams are different in content but I think yours also gets the point across. Mine shows the social and eco systems and how they are affected by each other. Something else that is important to think about is how the elements that biogas affects also each affects each other including growth in education, jobs and farm growth. For example, no more looking for food means the kids are able to have more education opportunity. Check out my link for more information about my web: https://wp.me/p3RCAy-bcD

3. Hi Annaliese, I am Justin Tenerowicz. I liked how your diagram’s central building block was the biogas plant. I think that it showed how much it affects everything in the Indian community. One difference between our diagrams was that I linked the safe cooking and the healthier living together. But overall, we ahd similar ideas as the biogas generator was able to produce a much more sustainable lifestyle for the community in India.

Here is the link to my systems diagram https://sites.psu.edu/geog30/wp-admin/post.php?post=42869&action=edit