Jordan Dodderer – Climate Change/WikiLeaks

Module9_Diagram_jzd5496

In my system diagram I seek to explain the connection between Climate Change and WikiLeaks and the various input and output sources of those two items. As inputs, to Climate change, I included the burning of fossil fuels, which leads to a build up of CO2 ppm in the atmosphere. This build up of greenhouse gasses leads to climate change. As an output of Climate change, we have the proposed climate accord. The climate accord has various outputs of its own. These are the dealings of the United States government in an attempt to win support, and seek benefits for their own country. These outputs also serve as inputs to our output problem, which is the wikileaks hack. The wikileaks scandal made the US government look bad for their various secret dealings. This scandal served as an output source.

Drawing on this lesson’s core value of understanding the cause and effect of climate change, I think that any sustainability agreements that are reached on a global level are a win for environmentalists. In an environmental setting the accord is a winning output policy. However, as a surveillance state and the issue of public and private security I do not support the actions of the US economy. I think that there is a more altruistic and ethical way of dealing with such problems. The backdoor deals and coercion are a stain on democracy. So while I support the measure and the output policy I do not support the means by which the policy was achieved and hope for better in our future.

2 thoughts on “Jordan Dodderer – Climate Change/WikiLeaks

1. Excellent thought and representation on the diagram and your explanations regarding the climate change issue and Wiki. I also like your personal perspectives and views on the subject.

2. Jzd5496, I like your diagram a lot. It is very easy to follow and get you at the ending result. I also agree with you that backdoor deals and coercion are a stain on democracy. There should be other ethical ways of dealing with such issues and if there are not then they should be set into place. I really did enjoy reading your blog, if you are interested here is a link to mine, feel free to leave a reply:
    http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/04/08/wikileaks-climate-change/