Module 1 Geog 30

Hi, my name is Nicolina DiMascia and I’m at sophomore at UP. While at school, I live downtown at University Gateway. I’m from northeast Philadelphia and have lived there my whole life. I’m working towards an early childhood education pre-k to 4 major and spending an extra year here to get my special education certifications. I’m taking this course as one of the 3 economic geography courses I have to complete. I am taking geography 10 also this semester. I am hoping that these classes go hand in hand with one another and I can learn a lot from both of them. I’m a member of PSU club gymnastics and I also coach gymnastics off campus at Nittany Gymnastics Academy.

I took BiSci 3 which I think will help me to understand this course. What interested me was the page written about scale. It had a lot of information about globalization, which was a big topic in my class last semester. I also find it interesting that climate change can be local or global, but it all gets intertwined in the end. I’m excited to learn more each week in this class. There are many problems with our environment and it is important to become more educated on them.

3 thoughts on “Module 1 Geog 30

1. Hi Nicolina,

I think your blog is very interesting and I can’t agree more with you when you said that we need to be more educated in geography. The things we do everyday can lead to climate change, and us destroying our environment as a population. I also think that what you are going to school for is very interesting, and would maybe be something I would be interested in! Good luck with everything. Here is the link to my blog: http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/19/module-1-getting-to-know-you-3/

2. Hey Nicolina! It’s Sophie. I was scrolling through the blogs and I saw your name on the list. I didn’t realize that you were taking this class as well. Anyway, you made a good point about BiSci 3. I didn’t even think about the experience I had from that class that will most likely help me in this course. Now I am excited to build upon that knowledge in this course.