Module 1: Getting to know Michele Marie Eyenga

Hi everyone,

My name  is Michele Marie Eyenga, as noted above, I’m a freshman and currently majoring in Political Science and Economics. I’m from New York City but I was originally born in Cameroun, which is a West African country. Only being a friendship, I’m not exactly sure what I see myself doing in the future but Law school is definitely an option. I also love to travel and to blog so a career that could incorporate both of those would be amazing. I chose to take this course because many people in my life that had my major in college and ended up having successful careers all stated that geography definitely helped broaden their knowledge and that it would be an interesting, relevant and eye opening course to take. I’m also interested in learning more about sustainable development, climate change and what us as people and governments are doing or not doing about certain issues.

Something I found extremely interesting about the first module is that from the very beginning, we are introduced to scales and the varying forms that they could be looked at. I believe it’s important to know about issues like deforestation and climate change and how they not only affect our local environments but also the negative global consequences could cause. I believe as humans, we are rather selfish and ignorant and until something really drastic and dangerous happens in their own environment, people tend to forget that heavy pollution, cutting down trees, building oil pipe lines are completely invading, destroying and causing natural disasters in other places around the globe and causing many animals to become instinct. For a very long time, I have always been uncertain about the concept of globalization and how positive of a movement it is and I’m interested to learn more about how it affects nations’ and people’s culture.

One thought on “Module 1: Getting to know Michele Marie Eyenga

1. Hi, Michele! My name is Melanie and your post really caught my attention for two reasons. One of them was because of the very last sentence where you mentioned that you didn’t really know too much about globalization and wanted to learn more and I am the same way! I don’t know too much about this kind of stuff, and am really interested in learning more. Secondly, I really agree with your points of how humans can be pretty selfish and don’t pay attention to what they’re really doing to the environment.
    Link to my post: https://wp.me/p3RCAy-aSm