Module 2: Biogas in India

The system diagram I created illustrates the chain of effects the biogas generator has on India. As described in the video, people in India have been experiencing problems by using the traditional wood burning stove. It would create a smoke that affects on health to women or people around, wrecks the environment, and prevents children to focus more on their education. However, the creation of biogas can resolve all the problems. Biogas generators allow better and improved living conditions which leads to better health, prevents deforestation, allows children to focus more on their education and even creates new job opportunity to women. The core idea behind my diagram is that the social and ecosystem are helping each other to create a better living for both the human and environment. To add on, that the creation of biogas generator has improved in a positive way. Moreover, when comparing my diagram to Gerry Marten’s, there are several similarities and difference we used. Both Marten and I separated the social system and ecosystem to allow more clearances. However, Marten’s diagram has focused more diversely than mine and created a better, constructed diagram. For example, he has more sub-categories in both the social system and ecosystem and clearly labeled there effects. On the other hand, my diagram simply connects each effects together. By comparing the two diagrams, I think I learned to focus more broadly in one subject and try to minimize the connection further apart.

Biogas_ehl5050

One thought on “Module 2: Biogas in India