Christina Liptak Module 6

1. I grew up here in Schuylkill Haven. My eating habits normally consist of microwavable meals and fast food. One reason why I eat this way is because of the work schedule of my father. The reason why the work schedule is an influence to the way I eat is because my mom would have to make supper at two different times. If she makes it for me, it will be too early for my dad and might have to be reheated for when he gets home. If we make it for when he gets home, I might be in class or have already eaten because of being hungry. Another reason why we do this is because it is convenient and quicker than making a home cook meal. We normally have home cooked meals on holidays.
  2. I think the society issue that would impact my food choose is obesity. Since I only eat one big meal a day and only get exercise when I walk from the parking lot to class and then from class back to the parking. The food that I choose to eat is way too convenient for me and has a lot of preservatives in it. These preservatives are not healthy for me in the long run. This is a bad combination since I am young and my mom’s side of the family has heart condition in it. I am trying to eat healthier but with my class schedule and my father’s work schedule, this seems to be impossible. I could possibly eat healthier by eating a salad at the Hidden Café between classes.
  3. Christina Liptak food diagram

3 thoughts on “Christina Liptak Module 6

1. Hey Christina! I’m Shanda. Here’s a link to my blog for this week! https://wp.me/p3RCAy-bGD

I too wrote about convenience and fast food in general. I focused more on college students versus adults. I too eat pretty unhealthy. I can relate to only eating one big meal a day, and not being able to fuel your body the way that you want to. Although I ate really healthy in high school, I still would eat a microwaved meal or grab fast food just like you. One tip that helped me this year was to deliberately put a break in between classes to force myself to go and eat. That way, all you have to tackle is eating healthy, but you’ll have the time to do it!

2. Hi Christina
    My name is Joe, here is a link to my post if you want to take a look https://wp.me/p3RCAy-bGe. I think many families tend to eat at different times today, it is not like years ago when a family sat and ate together and spoke about their day. I agree with you regarding having several smaller meals a day rather than one big one. This habit can cause weight gain.

3. Hi Christina. My name is Alyssa Gammel and I was drawn to your post because I also eat food that is way to convenient and unhealthy for me. Being a college student, money is lacking and the fast foods are easier than cooking food and are more convenient as well. Eating this way is definitely a factor that could lead to obesity. In my post I talk about obesity as well. In the South the food options are very unhealthy and these eating habits can lead to obesity as well. Heres a link to my blog if you are interested.https://wp.me/p3RCAy-bG3