Christina Liptak Module 7

I live in Schuylkill Haven, PA. Schuylkill Haven is located about four miles south of Pottsville and about 89 miles north-west of Philadelphia. Schuylkill Haven has a pedestrian-oriented type of town. People here could walk to local groceries stores and medical centers. They could even walk to nearby schools and university. Schuylkill Haven have about 5,341 people living in the area. I have lived here all my life and went to school here. I even go to the doctors that are close by since they are within walking distance from my house. I also am going to Penn State Schuylkill since it is close to where I live. I feel this is a good place to live since you don’t necessary have to learn to drive. The only bad part about living here is that there are not many places for people to go to get entertainment, such going to a movie.

The first city I decided on talking about is Boston, Massachusetts. The reason why I chose this city is because it is similar to my own town in which I live. In this city there are place in which one can work, shop and seek entertainment. This city was designed to make walking very easy to do. When it was first developed walking was the main source of transportation, now that most of the people that live here could afford cars they chose to still walk. The people in this neighborhood chose to walk to most of the place since it is more attractive chose. I could see myself living in this kind of town since I do not drive and do not have a car to do so.

The second city in which I will be talking about is Venice, Italy. The reason why I chose this town is because it is surrounded by water which makes driving a car impossible. They use gondolas to get from one place to another. In this town a lot of people use the gondolas to get to work or to shop downtown. This is different from where I live and from Boston by that you could not walk to where you have to go. The factor that I am looking at when I am discussing this city is that it is an urban form of living. This is dominated by mostly human activity. In this city you will hardly see a place where they can grow their own food.

One thought on “Christina Liptak Module 7