Intro

Hi everyone, my name is Baixue Chen. I was born in Lanzhou, China, stayed there for seven years, and then I moved to Hangzhou, China. I came to America four years ago. I went to High School at Virginia and currently stay at Pennsylvania. I am a sophomore and major in Environmental Engineering. I would like to deal with environmental problems in the future. However, I am really interested in learning geography and I want to learn more about our environment from this course. Interesting fact about myself is that I love traveling. I traveled a lot of places and countries already, such as Hong Kong, Japan, Bali. I already visited most of States in U.S, such as Boston, California, Iowa, Florida and so on. The Yellow Stone Park left a very amazing impression.

Because my major is Environmental System Engineering, I am really interested in the human-environment interactions topic. It is hard to over state the importance of impact that human activities cause on our environment. In order to develop our society, people already overused of the environment, and made irretrievable damages. If people keep making use of the environment without considering results, finally the results will come to people themselves. That is why people need to find the sustainability between human and environment. Sustainability is also on of the most important topic for this course. Finding a balance between human and environment is the reason why I am major in Environmental System Engineering and the goal I want to pursue in the future.

One thought on “Intro

1. Hey Baixue. I fully agree with you on the importance of the human-environment interactions. I believe that people don’t realize how what they are doing affects the environment which in turn affects them. It would be interesting to note how the people in each of the places you have lived and visited react with the environment. I wonder if people in certain areas of the world are more aware of the problems between themselves and the environment than those of different areas. Here is the link to mine if you would like to read it http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/01/16/getting-to-know-me-4/
    Hope you have a great semester!