Module 1 – Getting to Know You

Hello, my name is Ashlee Hammonds. I am from Waynesboro, Pennsylvania which is right along the Maryland border and I have lived there my whole life. I am a sophmore at Penn State, however this is my first semster in World Campus. My current major is IST and I would like to major in Geography. I am hoping to get a job in the PA DCNR because being involved in the outdoors is my favorite thing. I would like to do something along the lines of GIS or mapping, I’ve always had a tough time deciding what I really wanted to do as a career. I am interested in this course because geography is one of my favorite topics. There are so many different aspects to geography and I want to learn as much as I can about all of these different subjects.

One area of the class that I really want to learn about is the human and environment interactions. The way we interact has so many causes and effects and we need to know/understand how the way we are interacting with the environment is hurting or helping it. I want to understand how decisions are made that involve very important changes to our environment. I am excited to learn more as we continue through the class and I am sure I will still enjoy geography just as much if not more when the semester is over.

2 thoughts on “Module 1 – Getting to Know You

1. I believe that in the next couple of decades, we will see many changes in the climate and environment all over the world. It is incredibly important for us to continue investigating our changing climate, and assess how it will impact human beings, flora, and fauna around the world. People studying GIS are so necessary to understand and predict the change in the environment.