Getting to know me!

Hello, everyone:

My name is Ruiqi Guo, and you can call me Bonnie! I currently live in State College, but I grew up in Guangzhou, China. Guangzhou is a harbor city locates in Canton province, therefore, I can speak both Mandarin and Cantonese. This is my second year at Penn State; I am majoring in Geography (GIS option) and minoring in Horticulture and Anthropology (with forensic emphasis). My career goal is to become a millionaire, although I don’t know how to achieve it, yet. One of the possible careers I thought about is to get a job relates to satellite image analysis.  I take this course to fulfill my major requirement; and I want to understand the different ways that human influence their living environment.

One interesting fact about me: my first English name was actually “Lucy”, but it pronounced awkward in Cantonese. My grandma, who was an English teacher, gave me the name “Bonnie”.

One concept I really want to talk about is the interaction between economy and environment. Module 1 talks about California Drought, an example showing how changes in environment effect people’s life. However, our decisions have influence on the environment as well: shale gas and its deposit has been a hot topic in Pennsylvania because local people care about methane leakage, which will contribute to global warming. Since shale gas is a sustainable and cheap energy source, we make a decision to continue producing the gas, and therefore, more methane leakage. It’s really interesting to think about how economy and our living environment can interact with each other.

One thought on “Getting to know me!